Message Boards

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to deal with clickonce
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:02 am 

If one want use clcikonce release, how to add Application Run statics?

Post subject: Re: How to deal with clickonce
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:11 pm 
PreEmptive Solutions

Honestly, it would be very difficult to process a ClickOnce Application in Dotfuscator CE. I suppose the easiest method is to build it as a normal application and run the assemblies through Dotfuscator. Then create a separate ClickOnce deployment that uses the assemblies that Dotfuscator produces. As for integrating it into your workflow - once Dotfuscator CE with commandline support is released, it may be possible but still quite difficult. I can provide you with some templates to do it, but honestly your best bet is to use Dotfuscator Professional (even if you just try out the eval), since it has native ClickOnce application support.

--Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:03 pm 
PreEmptive Solutions

This afternoon, Joe Kuemerle posted a procedure on StackOverflow that can be used to process ClickOnce apps in Dotfuscator CE. It's somewhat more manual but hopefully also more simple - if you don't have a large, automated build process, this method is probably preferable. As I said it's not the ideal solution, but if you've got no interest in trying Dotfuscator Professional, it does work. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3416 ... 27#3443127

--Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:13 am 

bsiegel wrote:
Honestly, it would be very difficult to process a ClickOnce Application in Dotfuscator CE. I suppose the easiest method is to build it as a normal application and run the assemblies through Dotfuscator. Then create a separate ClickOnce deployment that uses the assemblies that Dotfuscator produces. As for integrating it into your workflow - once Dotfuscator CE with commandline support is released, it may be possible but still quite difficult. I can provide you with some templates to do it, but honestly your best bet is to use Dotfuscator Professional (even if you just try out the eval), since it has native ClickOnce application support.

--Brandon

Thanks a lot.

is that to say if i use Dotfuscator Professional, I can use Instrumentation in Clickonce?
Instrumentation :Runtime Intelligence Service from PreEmptive Solutions
http://runtimeintelligence.codeplex.com/

Because with Instrumentation , it should delete PreEmptive.dll, but it will error in clickonce.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 am 
PreEmptive Solutions

You can do CodePlex instrumentation with either Dotfuscator CE or Pro. The only difference for you here is that Pro provides a much easier method of processing a ClickOnce application. Using CE, you will need to follow the procedure at that StackOverflow link I posted which is not as easy. But either way, you will get the same functionality. If you are getting an error, paste the message here and I will try to figure out what the problem is.

--Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:38 am 
PreEmptive Solutions

If you want to use the custom attributes to define injection points your initial assemblies as compiled will have a reference to Preemptive.Attributes.dll . It is not necessary to include that assembly in your published application as Dotfuscator will strip that reference from the assemblies as it injects the Runtime Intelligence functionality. If you exclude the Preemptive.Attributes.dll assembly (in the Project properties -> Publish -> Application Files ) and then publish your application the manifests will not include a reference to that assembly.

Once you exclude the PreEmptive.Attributes.dll assembly from your ClickOnce publish process you can follow the same steps listed in the StackOverflow answer (resign assemblies if necessary, overwrite the published assemblies with the instrumented ones, update the application and deploy manifests) and you will have a ClickOnce deployment containing instrumented binaries.

You can also use the the Dotfuscator UI to define the injection points in your applications assemblies. If you do this you won't see the instrumentation locations in your source but you also won't have any compile time dependencies on the PreEmptive.Attributes.dll.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:06 pm 

jkuemerle wrote:
If you want to use the custom attributes to define injection points your initial assemblies as compiled will have a reference to Preemptive.Attributes.dll . It is not necessary to include that assembly in your published application as Dotfuscator will strip that reference from the assemblies as it injects the Runtime Intelligence functionality. If you exclude the Preemptive.Attributes.dll assembly (in the Project properties -> Publish -> Application Files ) and then publish your application the manifests will not include a reference to that assembly.

Once you exclude the PreEmptive.Attributes.dll assembly from your ClickOnce publish process you can follow the same steps listed in the StackOverflow answer (resign assemblies if necessary, overwrite the published assemblies with the instrumented ones, update the application and deploy manifests) and you will have a ClickOnce deployment containing instrumented binaries.

You can also use the the Dotfuscator UI to define the injection points in your applications assemblies. If you do this you won't see the instrumentation locations in your source but you also won't have any compile time dependencies on the PreEmptive.Attributes.dll.

Thanks.

Build is OK.
Dotfuscator UI with instrumentation is OK.
replace the exe from Dotfuscator into clickonce application.
Run Appliction is error, say that: hash code of exe is error.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:05 pm 

bsiegel wrote:
You can do CodePlex instrumentation with either Dotfuscator CE or Pro. The only difference for you here is that Pro provides a much easier method of processing a ClickOnce application. Using CE, you will need to follow the procedure at that StackOverflow link I posted which is not as easy. But either way, you will get the same functionality. If you are getting an error, paste the message here and I will try to figure out what the problem is.

--Brandon

I borrowed a Dotfuscator Pro, it can add a project in solution.

But, it remains the problem:
the harsh code between exe by Dotfuscator and exe by Clickonce is different, so when run application of clickonce which is to run the exe , it is error.
How to solve it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:56 am 

bsiegel wrote:
This afternoon, Joe Kuemerle posted a procedure on StackOverflow that can be used to process ClickOnce apps in Dotfuscator CE. It's somewhat more manual but hopefully also more simple - if you don't have a large, automated build process, this method is probably preferable. As I said it's not the ideal solution, but if you've got no interest in trying Dotfuscator Professional, it does work. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3416 ... 27#3443127

--Brandon

Thanks a lot.

It's solved.

New Topic | Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]