Message Boards

All times are UTC - 5 hours

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Couldn't load external type... its assembly can't be found
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:20 am 

I have several Windows Mobile 5 and 6 Device applications in VS2008 and I've been using your Dotfuscator Community Edition and everything was fine in my old machine that broke down.
I was able to copy all my projects to a new machine and VS2008 projects build fine.
When I try the Dotfuscator project I had, there is a build error described below. I created a new project and the error persists.
I tried to find 'System.Windows.Forms.Control,System.Windows.Forms, Version=1.0.5000.0' with no success and I hope you can give me an idea how to solve this.
Regards
Pedro

Here is part of the build error (If you need the complete list, please inform me):
Backed up existing renaming map file C:\Wk2\XMob\Map.xml to C:\Wk2\XMob\Map.13.xml
Loading Assemblies...
Running C:\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\ildasm.exe /OUT=C:\Users\Gpb\AppData\Local\Temp\~XMo.19\XMob.exe.il /TEXT /NOBAR /RAWEH /QUOTEALLNAMES /UTF8
/FORWARD C:\Wk2\XMob\XMob\bin\Release\XMob.exe
Renaming...
Writing map file to C:\Wk2\XMob\Map.xml
Writing Assemblies...
Couldn't load external type because its assembly can't be found: System.Windows.Forms.Control,System.Windows.Forms, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes
=== Pre-bind state information ===
C:\Wk2\XMob\XMob\bin\Release\XMob.exe
LOG: DisplayName = System.Windows.Forms,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=969db8053d3322ac, Retargetable=Yes
LOG: Appbase = C:\Wk2\XMob\XMob\bin\Release
LOG: Processing DEVPATH.
LOG: DEVPATH
not enabled. Falling through to regular bind.
LOG: Checking Cache
LOG: Assembly not found in cache.
LOG: Processing CodeBase
LOG: Codebase not set.
LOG: Checking
AssemblyFoldersEx paths for runtime version v2.0.50727.
LOG: Probing C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET MVC 2\Assemblies\\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET MVC 2\Assemblies\\System.Windows.Forms\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common
\2.8\managed\\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\2.8\managed\\System.Windows.Forms\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing C:
\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Sync Framework\v1.0\Runtime\x86\\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Sync Framework
\v1.0\Runtime\x86\\System.Windows.Forms\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\FSharp\2.0\Runtime\v2.0\
\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\FSharp\2.0\Runtime\v2.0\\System.Windows.Forms\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG:
Probing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office11\\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio 9.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office11\\System.Windows.Forms\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office12\\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA
\Office12\\System.Windows.Forms\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing c:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing
c:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\\System.Windows.Forms\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared
\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies\\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies\\System.Windows.Forms
\System.Windows.Forms.dll
LOG: Probing c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\\System.Windows.Forms.dll
Bin Path not set LOG: Loose binding enabled. Probing for later versions.
Build Error.

Post subject: Re: Couldn't load external type... its assembly can't be found
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:10 am 

Hi Pedro,

What you're trying to do is not supported by the CE version.
If you need information to upgrade to the Pro version, you can contact eurosolutions@preemptive.com (for European users) or solutions@preemptive.com (for non European users).
You can also register for an evaluation on the web site.

David.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:41 pm 

Hello, David
thanks for your answer.
As I said in my first post, I was using CE with Windows Mobile 5 and 6 and all went fine and well.
Anyway, I'll look into the other versions.
Regards
Pedro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:42 am 

Pedro,
With the Pro edition, you will be able to set a load path to access to the requested version of the missing DLL.
David.

New Topic | Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]