Dotfuscator Professional Edition, Version 4.5.1005 – Release Date February 16, 2009
Published on February 16, 2009 by PreEmptive Admin
Change Log – Version 4.5.1005 – Release Date February 16, 2009
- Added the ability to instrument Silverlight 2 applications with Runtime Intelligence.
- Added the ability to send Runtime Intelligence messages to user defined custom endpoints , including the new Free Runtime Intelligence Portal.
- Improved usability of the Instrumentation UI by adding attribute search, drag and drop, and cut/paste capabilities.
- Shelf Life warning dates are now optional.
- Added a “Copy to clipboard” button to the Shelf Life token generator dialog.
- Updated Shelf Life Token generator dialog to allow for easier date selection and to support optional warning dates.
- Added the ability for Shelf Life to pass warning and expiration dates back to user code.
- Improved the UI around selection of Shelf Life warning and expiration dates.
Smart Obfuscation/Built-In Rules:
- Improved Smart Obfuscation analysis of WPF and Silverlight assemblies.
- Added built-in removal rule for WCF assemblies.
- Added XML Smart Obfuscation report.
- Added and expanded built-in renaming rules.
- Added built-in rule to support exclusion of Crystal Reports objects from renaming.
- Added support for Authenticode signing output assemblies.
- Restructured the standalone UI such that Global Options, Build Settings, Build Events, and Signing configuration have moved to the Settings tab.
- Consolidated report generation options in the UI and moved them to the Settings tab in the standalone UI. In Visual Studio, they are available on the Dotfuscator project’s property page.
- Added Tools menu to the standalone UI, providing a central location for utilities.
- Improved the Customer Feedback Program dialog interface.
- Added the ability to remove only literals from input assemblies (const definitions only).
Resolved Issues Concerning:
- Resolved issue with multiple tamper attributes on a method.
- Shelf Life sinks are now always called regardless of warning/expiration status.
- Improved notification when Shelf Life key file is missing during a build.
- Improved handling of password protected strong name key containers.
- Resolved removing a non-existent input assembly from the input assembly interface.
- Resolved interaction between Feature Stop or Shelf Life messaging and Teardown methods.
- Improved detection of renaming conflicts with existing managed resources.
- Resolved NullReferenceException when browsing for a renaming report custom transformation.
- Smart Obfuscation excludes Delete methods on UIElements.
- Smart Obfuscation excludes generic event handlers.
- Smart Obfuscation now detects and excludes WPF load URI’s from removal.
- Resolved issue with custom exclusion rule description not being disabled when rules are deleted.
- Resolved ArgumentNullException when performing incremental obfuscation with rename references turned on.
- Resolved NullReferenceException when obfuscating an abstract class with an explicit interface method in non-included assembly.
- Fixed NullReferenceException when performing removal on a set of inputs containing a mixed mode module.