Dotfuscator Community 5.40.0 – Release Date January 2019
Published on January 21, 2019 by PreEmptive Admin
Change Log – – Version 5.40.0 – Release Date January 2019
- Revised User Guide instructions for protecting Xamarin apps.
- Sample projects have been moved to GitHub. You can still access them from Dotfuscator Community by choosing “File” -> “Download Samples”.
- The “Renaming” -> “Exclusions” tab’s code tree now consolidates Custom Attributes under a single node for each code item, allowing easier browsing.
- This release may include protection enhancements not described here.
- The product name has changed to “Dotfuscator Community”.
- Updated terminology from “Dotfuscator project” to “Dotfuscator config”, to reflect the same change in Dotfuscator Professional.
- Running Dotfuscator now minimally requires .NET Framework v4.6.1 (previously, v4.5.2). You can still protect apps targeting earlier frameworks.
- Dotfuscator Community can now be installed into the Visual Studio 2019 Preview.
- Dotfuscator’s renaming obfuscation will no longer generate new names that are reserved words in Java. This avoids issues with Xamarin.Android tools generating Java source code based on obfuscated assemblies.
- Dotfuscator no longer generates an error when an input with an assembly-level inclusion/exclusion rule is removed from the input list in the config. Instead, Dotfuscator will warn that there are orphaned rules.
/makeconfigcommand line option has been deprecated. The new
/genconfigoption should be used instead. Whereas
/makeconfigboth created a new Dotfuscator config and ran Dotfuscator with that config,
/genconfigsimply creates the new Dotfuscator config. Furthermore,
<propertylist>element in the config file, populated with the property values passed in the command line via the
- Increased efficiency of LINQ-related Smart Obfuscation.
- References to the discontinued PreEmptive Analytics Community Workbench have been removed.
Important Compatibility Changes
- Dotfuscator Community’s proxy settings are deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the operating system proxy settings instead.
- Fixed an error with processing BAML records.
- Fixed an issue where a file-level inclusion/exclusion rule for a file that does not exist or is not an assembly caused subsequent file-level rules to be ignored.
- Fixed a build error when using Root Checks in some scenarios.