PreEmptive is pleased to announce the release of Dotfuscator 6.5, a tool used by software developers to protect code from hacking and reverse engineering.
The version 6.5 update is a big one. It addresses various .NET Core, .NET 5, and cross-platform support items, fixes various bugs, and improves performance of the licensing system that was introduced earlier this year. We’ve added new static and dynamic code transforms and injected runtime checks to ensure security in all stages of the development process. We also amplified defense against de-obfuscators and de-compilers.
Dotfuscator at a Glance
Dotfuscator is a DevSecOps tool that protects .NET applications from reverse-engineering and hacking. Using static and dynamic code transforms and injected runtime checks, Dotfuscator obfuscates source code on .NET, Xamarin, and Windows Platform Apps. It integrates into the development build process and operates on the .NET Intermediate Language. Dotfuscator Professional supports .NET, including .NET Core, .NET 5, Xamarin, and Mono.
For more information, check out Dotfuscator 101. It’ll walk you through its features and show how the program provides ironclad security against common (and uncommon) software development vulnerabilities.
New Features & Fixes in Version 6.5
The release notes provide fully detailed information about the updates in this version, which include:
- Simplified license key use
- Improved subscription checks from the license server
- Status messaging for Dotfuscator CLI and MSBuild integration users
- Added support for NuGet packages
- Improved V2 license verification
- Compatibility with both forward and backslashes
- Accelerated Dotfuscator GUI build time
- dnSpy detection
- Improved support for Nullable Reference Types
- Updated Xamarin Android Tamper Check to use new APIs
- Sample project showing how to use Dotfuscator with Azure DevOps
- Additional samples for non-Windows environments
- Tamper and Debugging Check for .NET Core 3.1 and .NET 5 apps
Upgrade or Download a Demo Today!
Every organization developing .NET software needs Dotfuscator in its development process. Data breaches are no longer a maybe. They happen every day to companies of all sizes in all industries. If you don’t protect your code at the onset, you risk becoming just one more data breach statistic.
PreEmptive Dotfuscator has been the leader in In-App security since 2003. We serve clients of all sizes, including enterprise and Fortune 500 companies in medical, government, and other industries. This release is supported for licensed users as described in the release notes. We encourage you to upgrade your software to enjoy the new features. And if you haven’t tried Dotfuscator yet, request a demo today.