Java Modules, introduced in Java 9, will not be interpreted as modules by PreEmptive Protection™ DashO™; they will be treated as standard jar files.
DashO will neither update nor use the information in
Activate Module Support
- Open the
DashO > Propertiesand add property
MODULE_EXPORTS_DETECTIONand set it to
- This will display modules in the panels.
- This will automatically not rename any module exports.
- This will automatically compile and copy the
module-info.classinto the output directories.
- Configure each Java module as its own DashO project. Each module will have its own dox file.
- If the
module-infohas a requires directive, use the DashO
Input > Supportto add the other input modules.
Module Exports Directive
- DashO will automatically "not" rename any of the
- Anything you want obfuscated must go into a package that is not exported.
- DashO doesn't obfuscate the
- Use exports to not rename packages.
- DashO will copy the module-info into the obfuscated output path.
- Use the
Input > Optionsto remove copying the module-info into the obfuscated output path.
- DashO does not support flattening the module hierarchy yet. Use
Maintain Hierarchyfor now.
- DashO does not support having multiple modules as one input. Use one DashO project per module for now.
- DashO does not support renaming packages in the
module-info.class. Use exports with any directives with class names.
PROVISIONAL_MODULE_SUPPORTis now deprecated property and will be removed in a later release.
Check out the DashO module example
- In this project note that there are two dox files. One for each module.
- This project shows an example of exporting a directory that isn't obfuscated and a private directory that is obfuscated.