Dotfuscator Professional Edition, Version 4.9.8000 Beta – Release Date September 19, 2012
Published on September 19, 2012 by Alexander Goodwin
Reading Time: < 1 minute
Change Log – Version 4.9.8000 – Beta – Release Date September 19, 2012
Includes support for Windows 8 and Windows Store
- APPX package support. APPX is the packaging format for Window 8 Store Applications. Similar to the way Dotfuscator handles XAP packages, it can now also accept APPX packages as inputs, and output new APPX packages containing the processed binaries.
- Windows Store Application obfuscation support.
- Visual Studio 2012 Integration.
- Performance improvements during XAML processing.
Beta Release Caveats:
- Renaming of Windows Store Apps will still likely require manual exclusions. Users should start with library mode and ÒTransform XAMLÓ turned off. The final release version will include Smart Obfuscation rules for Windows Store Apps that will minimize manual configuration.
- In this release we are dropping support for running Dotfuscator in a .NET 1.0/1.1 environment. It now requires .NET 2.0 or higher. As a side effect we are also dropping VS integration for versions 2002 and 2003. Note that Dotfuscator will still support processing input assemblies that target .NET 1.0/1.1.
- The beta does not include Windows Phone 8 support.
- The beta does not include analytics code injection for Windows Store Apps.