Why were so few things renamed?
If your assembly is in Library Mode then Dotfuscator will not rename anything that is part of its publicly-available interfaces.
You can turn off Library Mode:
- if your assembly is not meant to be available to other assemblies as a library
- or, if you process the library along with all of its dependent assemblies in the same Dotfuscator project
Remember that Library Mode is a per-assembly setting. You could have a scenario where some of your assemblies need Library Mode, but others can get the more powerful obfuscation that comes from turning it off.
Why isn't my transform running?
Maybe you went to one of the transform tabs (such as "Rename", "Control Flow", or "String Encryption") and configured the options for the transform, but when you build the Dotfuscator project, the transform does not seem to take effect.
It is possible that the transform itself is turned off.
- Go to the "Settings" tab.
- Select "Global Options" in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Look at the "Feature" section in the right-hand panel.
Note that the properties to turn on and off the transforms are expressed as double negatives! So setting "Disable Control Flow" to Yes turns that transform off whereas setting it to No turns the transform on!