Change Log - Version 5.1.1 - Release Date January 28, 2009
- JSP Taglib for RIS messages. The Taglib is packaged as a separate Jar in lib/ri-taglib.jar. An example WAR file is provided: see the Read-me for details.
- Map file API for reading, modifying, and creating DashO map files. The API is packaged as a separate Jar in lib/mapfile.jar and Javadoc is provided.
- Increased RIS support in MS Windows for the performance probe and system profile messages.
- Line number debugging information is retained in both obfuscated and un-obfuscated code regardless of the settings of string encryption, optimization, or control flow.
- Rule editors have keyboard shortcuts: Del - delete; Ctrl-Up - move up; Ctrl-Dn - move down; Ctrl-X - validate.
- Rule editors now create package rules with a trailing period to prevent coincidental matching with packages that share a common prefix.
- New project wizard creates fewer and more compact exclusion patterns for support jars.
- New project wizard recognizes J2ME Xlet derived classes as entry points.
- ClassCastException when creating annotation on a method when an already existing annotation has the focus.
- ClassCastException in Jar mode projects.
- Access error with final public methods in non-public base classes when running under Java 1.6 (additional changes from 5.0.1).
- Files that end in .class but are not Java classes cause ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.
- Exclusions created on classpath panel are not saved unless the exclude panel is visited before a save.
- Property values cannot be defined in terms of other properties. This was permitted in 3.4, removed in 4.0, and restored in 5.1.
- ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when rewriting transformed method where LDC needs to be converted to an LDC_W.
- Renamer fails renaming classes to MSDOS reserved device names.
- Validation error on rebound method calls to concrete methods in abstract classes.
- Class renaming now starts with a rather than b.
- Methods can now be renamed to some previously excluded MSDOS device names, such as aux.
- New advanced projects defaults to a directory output with the merge option off. This allows for quicker setup of cross-jar obfuscation and eliminates the need for non-class file inclusion for single jar obfuscation.
- New project wizard no longer creates entry points for serialization methods and fields as DashO handles these automatically.
- The <file> tag in project files is deprecated and has been replaced by a path in a parent tag. DashO automatically updates the project file when you save it.
- When the UI does a refresh or a build the results panel is cleared to release memory from the previous build.