Dotfuscator Professional Edition, Version 6.5.0 – Release Date September 13, 2022
Published on September 13, 2022 by PreEmptive Team
Reading Time: < 1 minute
- Tamper Check support is added for .NET Core 3.1/.NET 5+.
- Debugging Check support is added for .NET Core 3.1/.NET 5+.
- Additional license status messages are displayed in the CLI and MSBuild output.
- Changing the Product License does not require the client to be restarted anymore.
- The new signing methods are used instead of the deprecated ones for Android Pie (API Level 28) and newer OSes with Tamper Check.
- Added a Readme file for the Dotfuscator NuGet package for a more seamless setup experience.
- Added a new “force_nuget_tools” global option.
- [This release may include protection enhancements not described here]
- Merged the Evaluation (Free Trial) and Professional version clients so that the PreEmptive Licensing Server tells the client how to behave. The client does not have to be reinstalled upon upgrading from Evaluation to Professional anymore.
- Forward slashes are being used by default in the config file for better cross-OS support.
- Version “6.0.0” of Microsoft.NETCore.ILAsm and Microsoft.NETCore.ILDasm NuGet packages are used by default (instead of “5.0.0” in the previous version of Dotfuscator), unless you override this value in the “DOT_ILTOOLS_CORE_VERSION” property.
- Display that Linking is not supported for .NET Core/.NET 5+ projects instead of displaying an unrelated error message.
- Fixed an issue when Root Check for Xamarin.Android returns false-positive results on certain Android devices.