Dotfuscator Professional Edition, Version 4.38.0 – Release Date November 15, 2018
Published on November 15, 2018 by PreEmptive Admin
Change Log – Version 4.38.0 – Release Date November 15, 2018
Important Compatibility Changes
- Options for the “Emit Debugging Symbols” setting have changed.
- The “No PDB” option has been renamed to “Never”.
- Other existing options are deprecated and will be removed in a future release. The Config Editor will not display these options unless the loaded Dotfuscator config file already has one of these options set.
- An “Automatically from Input Assemblies” option has been added and is the default for new config files. Selecting this option causes Dotfuscator to emit updated debugging symbols with each protected assembly based on the format of the symbols with the corresponding input assembly. Unlike the deprecated options, this option supports Portable PDBs, as well as the original .NET Framework PDB format.
- Dotfuscator Professional’s proxy settings are deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the operating system proxy settings instead.
- The MSBuild targets no longer depend on Dotfuscator Professional’s command line executable. As a result, the
DotfuscatorCliPathMSBuild property is no longer required and will be ignored.
- The Xamarin instructions in the User Guide have been updated to show how to use the new integration for Xamarin apps, making it much easier to use and maintain Dotfuscator with Xamarin.
- Added a new option for the “Emit Debugging Symbols” setting, “Automatically from Input Assemblies”. Selecting this option causes Dotfuscator to automatically emit updated debugging symbols (e.g., PDB files) in the same format as those included with the input assemblies. This option supports Portable PDBs as well as the original .NET Framework PDB format.
- Updated samples shipped with the product as well as the Protected-BugSweeper sample on GitHub to demonstrate the new integration.
- Various improvements to the product activation experience.
- This release may include protection enhancements not described here
- The product name has changed to “Dotfuscator Professional”.
- References to the discontinued PreEmptive Analytics Community Workbench have been removed.
- Fixed an error with processing BAML records.
- Fixed an issue where ClickOnce packages were not protected during a Publish operation when using the MSBuild targets.
- Fixed an
OutOfMemoryExceptionerror when using the MSBuild targets.
- Fixed an issue where the MSBuild targets will act as if the Dotfuscator config file exists when it has been removed during the current Visual Studio session.
- Fixed an issue where F# projects using the original
.fsprojformat and the MSBuild targets would not rebuild when changes were made to the Dotfuscator config file.
- Fixed a build error when using the
DotfuscateMSBuild task when both
InputAssembliesand the input assembly list in the config file specified by
ConfigPathcontain the same assembly.
- Fixed a build error when using string encryption in a config file with mixed assemblies.
- Fixed a build error when using Root Checks in some scenarios.
- Fixed other minor issues.