Does this matter?
- Is there a reason a hacker might want to circumvent some of your checks or actively look for vulnerabilities?
- Is there risk of harm or reputation damage if the code is modified in a nefarious way? (e.g. to serve malware, or to enable phishing, etc.)
- To make it more difficult for a hacker to reverse engineer your code
- To hide business logic and unique algorithms
- To make it more difficult for a hacker to debug your application and look for vulnerabilities
- To make it more difficult for an attacker to exploit those vulnerabilities, once found
- To reduce the code size (minification aspect of obfuscation)
- To make it more difficult for an attacker to modify or steal your code